1. Sit there and listen to hilarious breakup songs. I don't care if you weren't broken up with, have never been broken up with, are actually happily in love. Remember the hilarious part, otherwise you might sit there getting even more upset. No listening to "I miss you so so much. You were the one for me! I just want you back!" No. Not even if you just went through that. No.
Here's some examples:
50 Ways to Say Goodbye
Smile - Lily Allen
Not much, I know, but I couldn't remember the ones I listened to... Also, angry break up songs (Taylor Swift has two great ones by the way).
2. Watch Rhett and Link videos
This also works really well with a friend. Laughter will come no matter what, but with a friend it's just great. We winded up taking dibs on them only to notice wedding rings on their fingers. *GASP*. Our hearts were broken. But they fixed them by making us laugh.
|If you're making the same face as Link, I'm with you|
3. Lie on the floor.
No matter where you are. No matter what people may say. Just drop to the floor and lie there. This works especially well in bookstores.
I got this tip from one of my preschoolers. Whenever she doesn't want to do something and it becomes to unbearable, she doesn't throw a fit or scream or anything. She just *whomp* sprawls out on the floor and lays there. She doesn't get up unless she begins smiling right away.
(Okay. I actually had done that on a Barnes and Noble floor the day before I started up at work again. So the tip isn't from her, but I do completely agree with her methods. But shhhh. Don't tell the other T.A.s)
4. Roll around on your kitchen floor moaning about the most ridiculous things (unless your bad day is due to NOT having a kitchen floor). So nothing that's really the problem. If you are so busy and stresses about everything, I promise you, this will work. Once you get over any rolling on kitchen floor issues you have.
5. Talk to preschoolers.
Preferably ones you don't live with, as they can also be really cruel.
I was really tired and getting grumpy when I overheard a conversation between two girls in my class.
G1: I have to show you a picture. *shows last year's class picture* That's him.
G2: You loved him?
G1: Yeah. I have two husbands. I love them both. They are both named ___.
G2: *eyes widen*
G1: Two husbands with the same name! What is wrong with me? I need to fix my life!
Okay, so I am old enough to be your (young) mom, but I am not married to two guys with the same name (although that solves the accidentally saying the wrong name issue. She's smarter then we all think). So thus, it's all good. Also, I like the ABC cookies, so no throwing fits over having to eat something I don't like.
6. Make faces at random strangers to see their reactions.
This should be self-explainable.
7. Watch old Disney shows. It's good to remember those good days of Disney Channel. There truly is something about Disney.
8. Watch Disney movies and sing the songs at the top of your lungs. Or just listen to the songs. My adopted little sister (who isn't really adopted. She still belongs to her birth mother. As far as I know anyway...) taught me this.
9. Watch Hercules and yell at the awful mythology.
(for starters, it should be Heracles. Yeahhh...)
10. Don't read my blog. It is so awful you'll just get more depressed. In fact you are probably crying right now.
|A hamster chewing on your bad day|