Monday, February 25, 2013

Follow Up Blog

Last post I ranted about Boyfriends. I had my knickers in a twist over last year's valentine's day Fail. Silly me. (I would just like to say the hormone Cranky was coursing through my system that week.) Or, maybe not so silly me. Here is why.

A week before Valentine's day (the day after my post, heh heh), I announce that my FSM will be my Valentine and we will window shop to show our love for each other. And get rid of currently unused gift cards that need some usage. The Boy gets upset. He wanted to ask me for the day. Two days later *cue big heave of the shoulders* I give in. Smart decision actually as....

February 14th. I get out of work and walk to the familiar beat up car. He emerges, hugs abound (hey, hugs are lovely things.), and then he opens the passenger door and I gasp.

Arranged around my seat are these:

Gummy worms. Possibly one of my all time favorite snack/treat things. Well, anything gummy really. Gummy worms, gummy bears, fruit snacks. All wonderful.
Gummy Worms
In their package. Not running free all over the car.


 Lindt Dark Chocolate. A whole bag of the chocolatey goodness. I loooooovvvveeee this stuff.
 Lindor Truffles, Dark Chocolate

 A pan of brownies. That he made. With chocolate chips. Not just in the brownies but on top and all melty wonderful cause they were fresh and hot and *groan of yummy satisfaction*. With this thing we made up one day out of boredom - a combination of our initials. Really cheesy and stupid/silly, but it was cute.
AW and JF. And yes, we spent time doing this. Not sure how I got involved, but I did.
York Patties in heart shapes in a heart-shaped package. Now, nothing special, except that we used to get York patties whenever we hung out. We'd sneak off and eat that minty goodness and annoy the heck out of people. And that is why they thought we were going out before we actually were. Because of those darn York patties.


A dozen red roses. "For my Rosie" said the little tag/note thing. (Yeah. Rosie. Nickname. The sole nickname I have ever had. Only used by my cousin and him. Weird combination)
 2 Dozen Long Stem Red Roses - VASE INCLUDED

A card that was hilarious for the sole reason that there was a curse-word and he never and I mean never curses. But that's mine to keep. So that's all you guys will know.
And. Last, but certainly not least. The reason why he told me I HAVE to give him my whole day and possibly Friday morning.
Two tickets were sticking out of the glove compartment for....!!!!
 

Oh. Freaking. Yes.

Aaron Gillispie wasn't at the one we went to =(

BUT Fiction Family was (Sean Watkins reminded me of Sam Gamgee for some reason. I really wanted to ask him if he is secretly a Hobbit. But he was kinda onstage singing while I was, well, NOT.). I love Fiction Family. Love love love. Very unsurprising as Jon Foreman is involved and anything musical he touches is pretty awesome. Not that the band is just him. I'm just saying.

The other bands were great too.

The Lone Bellows were amazing. I bought their CD and got to meet them. The one guy was really sweet and had this adorable Southern accent. When onstage his playing was so intense and his voice was perrrrtttyyy. All their voices were perrrtttyyy though. And the other guy, the Main one, informed me that he had a high school girlfriend with the same name as me. I just nodded and laughed cause um - how does one respond to that??

Now, Now was great too. Warning, though, their voices are sooo much pretty in concert than on the CD.

Anis Mojgani. The Spoken Word dude. I wanted to marry his voice. Ex-cell-ent stuff.

The venue was amazing too. Really small - I was ten feet (tops) from the stage. They had a place to hang coats, which blew me away. And... it was in BOSTON!!!! I got to go out of state to a City and die over the architecture. I will wind up cheating on NYC with Boston. They had these really cool curvy buildings that made me want to go to Boston University just for those.

And. In all that awesomeness, I got nothing for the Boy. I am lame.

Then, I realized. I gave him the gift of reading. The next day I accidentally left a library book in his car. He was waiting for me for an hour (I gots distracted on my way out of class) and picked up the book. I have now created a reading FIEND. He even ignored me to read. A Pride and Prejudice retelling, which made it even better. So now, whenever he sees me he asks for a book. Doesn't matter the genre, he just wants a book.

Being able to share a love of reading definitely counts as a Valentine's Day present. And an every other day present, too.

P.S.

No comments: