Saturday, November 3, 2012

On the Risk of Being Mushy

I have decided that the best part about any romance is the tacky quotations I can procure and pretend I want to happen in real life. You know, the part where the guy declares his undying love and the girl goes all mushy and then they kiss and happily ever after? Then the guys watching it roll their eyes and the girls go "Awwww!" Yeah, that part.

I actually really hate that part. Hated it. I would roll my eyes, maybe even laugh, 'cause seriously, what guys says those thing? No guy who isn't a fictional character. (Thus the lack of amazing romantic quips from any of my male characters.)

And then I met The Boy. I should have run away screaming and throwing things as soon as my lovely friend said anything about how perfect we would be for each other. I should have kicked him when he stared at me and shook his head when I was muttering about how I am a useless stupid human being. I should never have said anything about liking being the one in darkness because then no one had to see my face and then he never would have said "But I like seeing your face, it's beautiful."

And I would have never found myself thinking OhmyGoodness. An actual real-life breathing boy that I know said that! 





Love Comments



But then, I wouldn't have been being a grouch today and stomping around grumbling about anything I could when a certain Person wrapped his arms around me in a hug. And that made me smile. 

And if that hadn't happened this wouldn't have happened:

The Boy: Do you know what is one of the best things in the world?

Me: Erm... Bagels?

The Boy: No, silly. When I see you smiling like that.

And suddenly, I was in a book. Or a movie. And the Perfect Guy was looking at me and saying that me smiling is the best thing in the world. And I went all mushy and there was a kiss. But instead of rolling my eyes this time, I closed them and thanked God for giving me a guy straight out of a book. 


No comments: