Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flyleaf, Frocks, Fragments, and Fish


Flyleaf: Besides being one of my all time favorite bands, I am dwelling on them because I get to go to their concert on Monday. It happened all of a sudden. Only two weeks from the concert my father decides to tell me; ironically, the same day that I was thinking of how i was going to miss the concert I had heard of and knew was in May. Now, I am officially getting my butt carted off to a theater to see them. I hear the little voice I call Ralph scream a victorious yeas when I walk through the door and find out my tickets are secured. Only one thing left to do - figure out how to take a nap while babysitting.
Flyleaf does have an amazing sound that matches me, in my opinion, but even more so, the thing that really keeps me hooked are the lyrics. "The moonless dark meant to make me strong" is how I feel most of the time when I feel the floor disappear from underneath my feet. "Swept Away" is lyrical genius to a degree I for one will never reach. "Sorrow" and "Arise" I could (and have) replay many times and not find myself sick of. *sigh* I can't wait! And yes, I did just squeal that in my head like the typical girl would do out loud. Except I am in no way typical nor normal.
Frocks: Lacey Moseley wears the most amazing dresses, a.k.a. frocks, half the time and I want the one she wore in the "fully Alive" music video for the party I am being forced to have. The only reason I look forward to it is that I have been promised I can either look Greek, Elvish, Fae, or Renaissance. Something tells me when it's not my own party I will have a hard time explaining what exactly is up with the wings and/or arrows attached to my back... I also have a sweet sixteen to find a dress for. In honor of conversations had with the birthday girl I threaten to wear a pirated dress and claim Orlando Bloom as my soulmate just to see her reaction.
Fragments: A.K.A. my mind. So many of my thoughts are coming to me in fragments that belong to songs, poems, and stories I can't write down because I am taking a test in Spanish and must hand in the paper, or other such nonsense.
Fish: It starts with f and can also mean "girl" if you know me. I want to make a tuna melt right about now since it has been close to twelve hours since food last passed by my lips. And all because I was being kind to a friend. Darn friends and kindness!
The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.
C. S. Lewis (1898 - 1963)
I think he was on to something... I try to appear dumber than I am to blend in. next thing I know I can't remember "dragon" in Japanese. It's rather sad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Something tells me when it's not my own party I will have a hard time explaining what exactly is up with the wings and/or arrows attached to my back... ahahaha... Nice to know I'm not the only one with such a problem.

Rebecca T. said...

I absolutely adore all C.S. Lewis quotes.