Friday, May 21, 2010

Microsoft has issues

Bring a writer and a student, I am required to use a computer on a weekly basis. I love the way typing feels and the little clicks that belong to each key my monstrous man-hands touch. Sometimes, if I could, I would spend five hours just typing away and forgetting that there is a world around that has people I do not control and I am a human so I need to eat sometime in my life. The main problem with that sort of enjoyment, besides that I would neglect myself, is that I don't really have access to a computer that I can use. Lucky me.

But, before I do get my hand son one, I need to find some program out there that has a setting just for poetry. I am not kidding, I will find one. today I have been typing up a bunch of poems and songs - things that don't really have punctuation at the end of a line and lines are not meant to be capitol. ARE NOT MEANT TO BE CAPITOL. And I think I used the wrong spelling, but I don't care. I am too lazy to check and am not too fond of that words anyway.

Honestly, certain poems that are not capitalized at the beginning of every line have power through the capitalization. that's how most of mine go and they lose that quality while Microsoft stubbornly refuses to stop capitalizing all my lines.

Words that I know exist also suddenly become just a figment of my imagination. Now, I use words that are not "real" all the time, but I mean English words this time. Also, what is it with the whole you spelled your name wrong. Thank you Microsoft for letting me in on the fact that apparently my whole family is a bunch of liars just trying to confuse me!



Anyway... the sun is shining, I have access to computers, and no one has stolen all my random scattered papers yet. Today is good and I will smile.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! I've had the same issue. I hate auto formatting (at least 92.8% of the time). Die, die, die! *stabs autoformatting with a fork*

Rebecca T. said...

Auto format needs to meet a well.

BlackRoseofLight94 said...

yes! a well!!!